Saturday, July 31, 2010

Star Wars: In Concert

On June 14th, Maggie and I celebrated the 3-year anniversary of our first date. Hard to believe it's already been 3 years!

Anyway, for our anniversary Maggie wanted to know what to get me. I had been considering a BlueTooth for my phone, but then I saw an ad online for Star Wars: In Concert at the Verizon Center.

I knew what I wanted!

So on July 17th, Maggie and I braved the streets and traffic of Washington D.C. (no small feat for me, considering all the bad luck I've had in the past) and went to the concert. It was incredible! We heard music from all six movies against the backdrop of scenes from each of the movies as Anthony Daniels (C3PO) narrated the storyline of the movies.

The music from the first half was excellent, after all, any Star Wars music is better then most movie music out there. But if got even better once we reached the second half and the music from the original trilogy was pulled out.


Music we heard included:
  • Star Wars Main Theme
  • Duel of the Fates (Phantom Menace)
  • Anakin's Theme (Phantom Menace)
  • The Little People (Star Wars)
  • The Flag Parade (Phantom Menace)
  • Across the Stars (Attack of the Clones)
  • Battle of the Heroes (Revenge of the Sith)
  • The Imperial March (Empire Strikes Back)
  • The Asteroid Belt (Empire Strikes Back)
  • May the Force Be With You/Cantina Band (Star Wars)
  • Princess Leia's Theme (Star Wars)
  • Here They Come! (Star Wars)
  • Yoda's Theme (Empire Strikes Back)
  • Luke and Leia (Return of the Jedi)
  • The Forest Battle (Return of the Jedi)
  • Light of the Force (Return of the Jedi)
  • The Throne Room and Finale (Star Wars)

1 comment:

Dave said...

I'm pleased that you enjoyed the show.